Thursday, April 5, 2012

The traditions of breakfast

I was running late this morning and so I grabbed my lunch as I headed out the door without having breakfast. I am one of those types that HAS to eat breakfast or I can't function for the day. As I got to school and found a little time to eat, I decided to try and eat my lunch.

I don't know why but it was a no go. I couldn't eat it.

I can eat breakfast for dinner any day of the week but I can't eat dinner for breakfast... why is that?

It is crazy to me that breakfast seems like the most ritualistic meal. All of the people and cultures I know, there are very few things that normally get consumed for breakfast. It makes me wonder if we just eat so few items for breakfast that it becomes ingrained in us that if the food item isn't one of those food items, it isn't for breakfast.

Needless to say, I am having to wait awhile before I can eat. It looks like today I am going to be having brunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment